Measuring basal metabolism of gen obese mice

JanCzek janczek at aol.com
Mon Feb 24 10:18:54 EST 1997

Measuring  basal metabolism of obese mice/rats

We at Columbus Instruments developed very precise system ( open flow
calorimeter) which measures VO2/VCO2 of genetically defective animals
either is home cages or during exercise. We utilize differential
measurement of % O2 and %CO2  between input and output of animal chambers
with very high resolution gas analyzers (0.001%).  Optional simultaneous
measurements of animal activity and food intake is also possible. This
system already helps researchers in major pharmaceutical companies from
Amgen, through Merck to Sandoz and Zeneca.
If you like to receive more information with detailed system description
and application papers, let me know by  providing street address to :
Jan Czekajewski, Ph.D.
Columbus Instruments
Columbus, Ohio, USA
janczek at aol.com