phospholipid separation method

Piero Pollesello piero.pollesello at
Wed Jan 8 08:22:43 EST 1997

In article <851618393.22572 at>, zinchenk at wrote:

> I am looking for the method of phospholipid separation.
> I want to do it without HPLC, only by SEP-PAK column and
> TLC. We need to make quantitave balans of radioactive PC,PE,
> PS,PI,LPC,CL and PA.

You will maybe appreciate to know that it is possible to quantify all
those species in crude extracts (i.e. without separating them)  by NMR
(31P-NMR or 1H-NMR)
Look for Bosco, Culeddu, Toffanin and Pollesello in Analytical
Biochemistry 1996 as an example (but there are several other papers on the

Piero Pollesello, Ph.D., dos
NMR-lab, Drug-Discovery, R&D, Orion-Pharma, Orion-Corp.
FIN-02101 Espoo, Finland