Antibody in Serum.

Stephen C. Dahl stebby at
Tue Jan 28 17:52:00 EST 1997

Fred (sjo at wrote:

...and wrote...and wrote...and wrote....:o)

: These may be simple questions but I don't know. Can anybody answer my
: questions?  I want to know that how much percent of the proteins in the
: serum is antibody.  And, If I raise antibody with some antigen and get
: polyclonal serum from the rabbit, how much percent of the total pool of
: antibody is the specific antibody that I want to make?

Geenerally accepted values are 10 mg/ml for total antibody
concentration.  Specific antibody concentration can be as high as 1 mg/ml
if the force is with you, but figure lower.