Research Assistant position available

Steve S.-L. Chen schen at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Fri Jun 20 02:36:24 EST 1997

                       Research Assistant position

Research Interests:

    Our research interests center on the posttranslational regulation of viral membrane
envelope glycoproteins and on protein-protein interactions underlying viral pathogenesis.
Currently we are focusing on the envelope (Env) glycoprotein of HIV-1.  Using molecular
biology techniques coupled with retrovirological, biochemical and immunological
methodologies we intend to (1) study the structure-function relationship of transmembrane
protein gp41, with an emphasis on the zipper motif and cytoplasmic domain; and to (2)
develop trans-dominant negative Env mutants to interfere with the wild-type virus replication;
and  to (3) develop Env-based gene therapy technologies for the treatment of viral diseases.

Qualifications:

     M.S. or B.S. in Virology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or other
related biosciences are required.

Research Institution:

     Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica

Address:

     128, Yen-Chiu-Yuan Road, Section 2, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.

Contact Person:

     Dr. Steve S.-L. Chen
     Telephone: (02) 789-9172
     Fax: (02) 782-5573