Little respect for doctors

ORAC dgorski at x-site.net
Mon Jun 23 11:59:01 EST 1997

In article <33AC5FB9.6549 at servtech.com>, "Ed Mathes, RPA-C"
<xemathes at servtech.com> wrote:

>Dr Pigg wrote:

>> I can infer what a troll is from the context it's used here.  But I'm not
>> up on cyber lingo, so would you mind providing me a difinition?
>
>To TROLL:  Posting inflammatory remarks in a number of newsgroups in the
>hopes of eliciting a response and stimulate discussion.
>
>That's the nice defination.
>
>The not-so-nice definitiion is:  Some asshole with little more than
>nothing to do with his or her time makes some stupid comment in the
>hopes of pissing people off and stimulating a flame war.

I prefer the not-so-nice definition.

--
MY E-MAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN SURGICALLY ALTERED TO HINDER SPAM TO ME.
TO GET AT MY REAL E-MAIL ADDRESS, DELETE THE HYPHEN!

ORAC                        |"A statement of fact cannot be
a.k.a.                      | insolent."   ORAC
David H. Gorski, M.D., Ph.D.|
Department of Surgery       |
University of Chicago       |