Little respect for doctors

Steven B. Harris sbharris at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 28 23:18:33 EST 1997

In <01bc83ff$0cd02d00$a70542d1 at default> "Marta McCoy"
<mlmccoy at jersey.net> writes:

>malloc <malloc at malloc.com> wrote in article
><33acfd90.99583403 at news.microserve.net>...
>> On 19 Jun 1997 01:40:15 GMT, sbharris at ix.netcom.com(Steven B.
Harris)
>Spake
>> thusly
>>
>> malloc

>>Let doctors continue to control antibiotics, which are really far
>> >more dangerous to the public safety.  You should need a triplicate
from
>> >a doctor to buy amoxicillin, but as an adult you should be able to
buy
>> >morphine at the liquor store on your own, no questions (but your
age)
>> >asked.
>> >
>> >   My 2 cents.
>
>Curious as to why you think antibiotics are dangerous?  I have no
medical
>training and am wondering about your comment.
>
>Thanks,
>Marta

  They are dangerous for the same reason that a pile of garbage
breeding rats is dangerous.  Antibiotic resistant germs are a public
health hazard.  You can say "no" to "drugs," but not multi-drug
resistant Staph bacteria.  The government has not figured this out.

                                  Steve Harris, M.D.