LAB ANIMAL RESEARCH INSTRUMENTATION
pradipg at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 15:24:11 EST 1997
RESEARCH INSTRUMENTS FOR BIOLOGICAL RESEARCH
1. Cardiomax-II-R or Cardiotherm 500-R: Cardiomax-II-R measures Cardiac
Output (thermodilution and dye dilution), Heart Rate, Stroke Volume,
Systolic, Diastolic and Mean Pressure, Ejection fraction (in large animals
like dog, pig etc) in animals starting from mice to horse.
2. Micro-capnometer: The device measures end-tidal CO2 in animals when the
probe is hooked to the tracheal tube. This instrument is suitable to
maintain the depth of anesthesia by monitoring the end-tidal CO2 through
altering the minute volume in animal ventilator during the experiment.
3. Ventilator: The device is required to maintain animals respiration
artificially during experiments involving surgery in animals.
4. Respiration Monitor-95: This device is required for testing the effects
of drugs on respiration rate, nature of inspiratory and expiratory act,
relative tidal volume in laboratory animals especially rats and mice.
5. Animal Treadmill: Treadmill for laboratory animals (rat, mouse etc.)
can be used for exercise research. In order to study the O2 consumption
during exercise, Treadmill can be equipped with the Oxymax.
6. Videomex-V: It measures activity of animals, fish, insects using a TV
camera and image analyzer.
7. Feed-Scale: Feed-Scale is a computer-controlled system that measures
and records the consumption of solid or paste food by a small animal over
a period of 24 hours. A special Drinking Monitor option is also available.
If you are interested in any device please drop me a note with your street
More information about the Cellbiol