Factor V leiden

Tremblay trem_bro at agt.net
Fri Mar 21 19:56:10 EST 1997

Hello, I 've got a question about human genetics.  A good friend of mine
was recently diagnosed with the genetic mutatioin "Factor V. Leiden".
Even though 5% of the North American population has this, the doctors
here don't know much about it, and I can't find all that much relevant
information either.  I do know that it has to do with a resistance to
activated protein C, and that it increases chances of thrombotic
episodes, but other than that, I can't find much.  I was wondering if
anyone knows anything about what exactly it is, and ways that it can be
treated.  Thanks for your time.