Carbohydrate analysis using FACE

R.M. BROTHERIDGE RMRRMB at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 11:12:17 EST 1997

I am working on monosaccharide composition of glycoproteins in wild
animals and have attempted to find any differences in these proteins
using FACE. I am working using a method developed from a variety of
papers as opposed to using the kits available and have got a few
problems:
1. The monosaccharides in my ladder are running in an order that
contradicts the papers already published.
2. I appear to be getting high levels of glucose.
3. There are minor contaminating band running below the ladders range.
If anybody can help or is working on a similare technique, I would
appreciate any comments.
Thank you