Cell Membrane Theory

Dennis Goode goode at ZOOL.UMD.EDU
Wed Oct 1 20:06:29 EST 1997

   "Avleen Vig" <spamless.avleensinghvig at msn.com>
asked on the Subject:       Cell Membrane Theory

> The current theory regarding cell membranes is the Fluid Mosaic model
> rather than the older Davidson-Danielli model. However... i have been
> unable to find any diagrams or any material to help me EXPLAIN the Fluid
> Mosaic model.... can anyone help me explain it?

Av,

I still think the most valuable thing to read both for you and for
students is Singer and Nicolson's original paper in Science175:
720-731. In my opinion it is a masterful discussion of membranes.

-Dennis
Dr. M. Dennis Goode                 Phone (301) 405-6917
Department of Zoology               Fax   (301) 314-9358
University of Maryland              e-mail goode at zool.umd.edu
College Park MD 20742