looking for slippery, permeable, artificial membrane

Tom Maynard maynard at oregon.uoregon.edu
Mon Oct 13 21:22:13 EST 1997

In article <61ouqa$p7h$1 at news.fas.harvard.edu>, mlevin at login5.fas.harvard.edu (Michael Levin) writes:
>Can someone suggest where I can buy some of the following: a membrane
>(artificial) which is slippery and very smooth - so that tissues can grow
>and expand on it, and is also permeable to nutrients and other molecules.
>Perhaps something like this is used in organ or tissue culture, etc. 

Millipore makes tissue culture plate inserts, with different types of filter
material and different pore sizes, that can be inserted into dishes for
culturing cells.  It's called "Millicell" in their catalog, and there are
quite a few different types (size, pore size, filter type).

Someone in our lab successfully used them for coculture experiments a while
back, for what it's worth..

--Tom Maynard
  Lab Slave

More information about the Cellbiol mailing list