postdoc/plant cell biol,virology

Rick Nelson rsnelson at noble.org
Fri Oct 24 10:16:09 EST 1997

   One postdoctoral position is available immediately to study the
relationships of plant viral replicase-associated proteins with virus
cell-to-cell and long distance movement activities.  The currently open
position requires experience in cell biology and either plant physiology
or molecular plant virology to visualize interactions between cellular and
viral factors and to study virus movement  and the effects of
environmental factors on this movement.  We have continued to characterize
the ability of site-directed mutants of tobacco mosaic virus to move
systemically and induce symptoms (e.g. MPMI, 1997, 10: 589-596; PNAS,
1996, 93: 11155-11160; JV, 1996, 70: 6378-6383) and we now are pursuing
the cellular and subcellular location of virus replication and other
virus-induced cytoplasmic bodies.  The position is for two years with
extension to the third year based on performance.  Applications by mail,
FAX or e-mail should be addressed to Dr. Richard S. Nelson, Plant Biology
Division, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, P.O. Box 2180, Ardmore, OK
73402.  FAX  (405) 221-7380; e-mail: rsnelson at noble.org.  Applications
should include the names and e-mail addresses of three references.