Locating rat integrin antibodies

Phillip Campbell axilla at wwa.com
Sat Sep 13 12:17:40 EST 1997

Wade J Sigurdson wrote:

> We are trying to block cell adhesion in rat derived astrocytes and have
> been
> unable to locate companies which sell antibodies raised against rat
> integrins.
>
> Has anyone had any success locating commercially available rat integrin
> antibodies?

BioSource has a good number of anti-rat Ab's. Pharmingen sells quite a few integrin/cell adhesion Ab's but I can't remember
how good their rat selection is. If all else fails then you might want to check cross reactivity with an anti-mouse Ab to the
integrin you're stuying. We've used this approach in the past and have had very mixed results. Good Luck.