Molecular biology software

Marc Champagne M.Champagne at nospam.cellbio.duke.edu
Mon Sep 15 10:40:31 EST 1997

In article <v03007800b03cc543ef70@[165.112.46.30]>,
fnunes at POP.NIDCD.NIH.GOV (Fabio Nunes) wrote:

> Is there anybody out there who has worked with different software for
> molecular biology (like DNAstar, Vector NTI ...) and has a preference for a
> good reason. I would like to have some feedback on the rational usability /
> price. You can reply to me directly.
> Thank you all

In our department we've been using DNAstar, which is not user friendly.
It also has bugs, i've found 5 of them in the past couple of years.
If i were you, i'd try GeneInspector and GeneConstructionKit, from Textco
(email:  textco at valley.net). I've tried their demo, and it's great.
I've heard only good things about it.

Pls remove -nospam- from my address if you reply by e-mail

Mon pays ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver (Vigneault).