transfection of HL-60 cells

Simon Mauch Simon.Mauch at
Wed Apr 1 11:03:26 EST 1998

On 28 Mar 1998 16:57:32 -0800, BURKHRDT.PATHOLOGY at
(Brant Burkhardt) wrote:

>  I am currently trying to transfect the p-GL3 luciferase vector into
>differentiated Hl-60 cells using the new Superfect Transfectin
>Reagent.  I seem to be having some major difficulties.  Does anyone
>currently transfect HL-60 cells and if so how?
>Also, how do you differentiate your cells?
>I am currently a Ph.D. student at the University of Florida.
>thank you,

Hi Brant,
I do not have any experience with HL-60 transfection....
But I did differentiation experiments with these cells:
Differentiation to "monocytic" cells: 100ng/ml TPA in RPMI+5% FCS over
a period of four days.
Differentiation to PMNs: 1 µM retinoic acid in RPMI+5% FCS over a
period of four days.