X-ray crystalography

Ivan Delgado delgadoi at pilot.msu.edu
Thu Apr 2 15:50:33 EST 1998

Hi,
    I have successfully overexpressed a plant protein in bacteria and as
far as I can tell it its functionally active. Due to the unique binding
characteristics of this protein, I was interested in determining its
structure. I have read about the different methods of how to obtain
crystals and know a lot less about the procedure of crystal analysis
itself. Could anybody guide me towards a way of obtaining a crystal and
more importantly, of how to obtain a crystal structure? (such as an
institute that provides a facility to do such experiments, or a
collaboration).
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Ivan

Ivan J Delgado Orlic                                Lab: 517-353-3519
MSU-DOE Plant Research Laboratory    delgadoi at pilot.msu.edu
East Lansing, MI  48824-1312
http://www.msu.edu/user/delgadoi