bioactive molecules ONLY active via microinjection?

Kate Michie k.michie at biochem.usyd.edu.au
Fri Apr 3 01:22:24 EST 1998

I am looking for compounds that CANNOT enter cells by themselves (ie they
are too large, or are not endocytosed). I want these compounds to use as a
cargo to test various drug delivery methods to see if I CAN get them into
cells.  I am trying to find a cargo that would be detectable once it gets
into the cell, ie. an indication that it has been sucessfully delivered.
Does anyone know of anything that fits this description?
Thanks for any ideas.
KATE

 Kate Michie wrote:

 >  I am doing some experiments testing various drug delivery methods and I
 > want to know if anyone knows of any smallish molecules that are bioactive
 > BUT cannot diffuse across plasma membranes.(eg. molecules that must be
 > mircoinjected) to be used as a cargo? Thanks for any suggestions .

mark responded with:

 WhT DO YOU mean injectable cargo?  THere are some CA++ binding molecules
 that get into a cell and are converted to a molecule that can't get mack
 out?
Katharine Michie
Department of Biochemistry
University of Sydney