New Confocal Microscope

Bill Mason wtm at lsr.co.uk
Mon Apr 13 07:33:32 EST 1998

This message is provided as a point of information/news to readers of the
list.

Readers might like to know about the launch of a new personal confocal
laser scanning microscope, called UltraVIEW, from Life Science Resources.
This is a complete, integrated system which offers some very new patented
technology for high speed (up to around 360 images per second)
multiwavelength confocal imaging giving 12 bit image data, or slower
imaging at up to 16 bit image data. The system uses very fine microlenses
with Nipkow disk technology and this is able to produce high throughput
lights signals and high imaging rates without significant photobleaching.
The instrument offers this flexibility without any compromise in
resolution. It is available with a choice of CCD cameras, including the
latest 12-bit, high speed interline camera available from the company. It
is also provided with a very powerful suite of spatial and temporal
software which controls the acquisition and analysis. If you want further
information and literature, please contact Bill Mason at the company or
look at the Web Site, details for which are

Web: http://www.lsr.co.uk

We also wanted to let interested scientists know that we shall be
exhibiting the UltraVIEW product at FASEB 98 during April in San Francisco,
on Stand 502/504 with EG&G Wallac. Please feel free to come by, bring
samples and see the instrument first hand.

Following FASEB, we shall also be touring several sites in California with
the instrument and an informal workshop. We would be pleased to invite any
scientists interested to attend. If you are interested to see and use the
UltraVIEW confocal at one of these workshops, could you please email me so
that we can make arrangements during the last two weeks of April.

Thanks

BILL MASON

Dr. Bill Mason
Life Science Resources Ltd.