Biological Question Concerning Actinomycin D and Emetine

Kiran Raman kvr at
Thu Apr 16 19:53:49 EST 1998

My name is Kiran Raman and I am a Biology major at Case Western Reserve
University.  I am currently conducting research concerning the effect of
Actinomycin D and Emetine on the development of Sea Urchin zygotes. I am
trying to determine the effect that these two chemicals would have if
they were applied to the zygote after cleavage.  However, I do not
currently have the resources to apply this procedure.  If anyone has any
information concerning this subject, I would sincerely appreciate it.
Please respond with any information as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Kiran Raman (kvr at
Undergraduate Student
Case Western Reserve University