toxin

Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at unet.univie.ac.at
Mon Apr 20 05:45:52 EST 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:09:22 -0600, da_bruva at hotmail.com wrote:

>regarding this product:
>

> Pertussis Toxin, Bordetella pertussis
>                                                             Size
> Cat. No. 516560
>                                                            50 µg
>
>could you please kindly inform me about the number of organisms present
>per ug or present in this formulation.
>
> most of my refernces quote no or organisms rather than ug...would much
>appreciate
>
>regards Dave

>http://www.dejanews.com/   Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Do you want the pertussis toxin (a protein!!!) or the bacteria
(bordertella pertussis) ???
In the first case it is no use to measure the protein in Numbers of
organisms and the ug scale can be applied in the second case both
units seem to be approbiate.
Martin
Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology