measuring intracellular calcium concentration

Erwin T. Sanchez viper at SURFSHOP.NET.PH
Thu Apr 23 08:40:18 EST 1998

I am a fourth year BS Biology student from the University of the
Philippines.  I am doing an undergrad thesis on the effects of lectins on
biosignalling molecules.  I am particularly interested in trying to measure
intracellular calcium concentration.  I have done some preliminary research
and the methods I found (flow cytometry and fura 2am imaging) were all
quite complicated and involved the use of equipment not available in our
school.  I am hoping you could help me find simpler methods to help me in
my research.  Thank you very much.

Kathryn T. Sanchez