oak tissue cultures

Dr. Karsten Schonrogge k.schonrogge at qmw.ac.uk
Thu Apr 30 02:38:11 EST 1998

Hi all,

in our lab we are currently studying the molecular interaction between
gall inducing wasps and their host plants. For the development of a
bioassay for gall formation we fairly urgently need some callus tissue
of oak trees, preferrably from Quercus robur or Q. petraea (or any
hybrid between those two). We are trying to grow some up, but to save
some time I was wondering whether there is anybody out there who either
has some spare callus of that kind or possibly knows somebody who works
with tissue cultures of oak trees? Either way any hint would be much
appreciated and could significantly speed up our work.

All the best

   Karsten

Dr. Karsten Schonrogge
School of Biological Sciences