keyhole limpet hemocyanin and background staining

pleuronectes at my-dejanews.com pleuronectes at my-dejanews.com
Thu Aug 13 08:44:03 EST 1998

I have been using a keyhole limpet hemocyanin conjugate to make antibodies to
winterflounder antifreeze protein.  The antisera sometimes gives inconsistent
results between immunohisto and western blotting and I am wondering if some of
the results I am seeing in the immunohist could be due to epitopes to KLH.

Has anybody had such problems? I would be grateful for any suggestion of
comments. I am trying to finish up the results for my thesis.