Q: TRANSFECTION OF PRIMARY CELLS

Amir Malik Yamalik at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 18 15:40:03 EST 1998

Greetings,

I wish to transfect a reporter plasmid into Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes
(PBLs).  At present, i have no problems transfecting T-Cell lines such as
SupT1 and PM1 cells using DEAE-Dextran method, however, there is little, if
any literature that i can find on the transfection of PBLs (except by the
use of virus).  So far DEAE-Dextran method has failed to give me a result
(usually acompanied by high cell death).

Does anyone have any suggestions (or references).

Y. A. Malik