Q: TRANSFECTION OF PRIMARY CELLS

Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at unet.univie.ac.at
Wed Aug 19 01:27:17 EST 1998

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:40:03 +0100, "Amir Malik"
<Yamalik at btinternet.com> wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I wish to transfect a reporter plasmid into Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes
>(PBLs).  At present, i have no problems transfecting T-Cell lines such as
>SupT1 and PM1 cells using DEAE-Dextran method, however, there is little, if
>any literature that i can find on the transfection of PBLs (except by the
>use of virus).  So far DEAE-Dextran method has failed to give me a result
>(usually acompanied by high cell death).
>

>Does anyone have any suggestions (or references).
>
>Y. A. Malik
´Qiagen claims that their new effectene  reagent is particularly
suitable for transfection of primary cells, but I have not used it
yet; their superfect was excellent for transfection of breast cancer
cell lines!
martin

Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology