Telomeric Theory of Aging

Excelife excelife at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 20 18:54:31 EST 1998

In article <6ri0ib$aoh$1 at talia.mad.ibernet.es>, jmartinez at legendnet.net
says...

>JL. Martinez
>
>Austin Seo (Hae Jin) escribió en mensaje
>
>>Nor can you *rule in* that telomeric loss is a causative factor in the
>aging of
>>any organism.
>>
>>Excelife wrote:
>>
>>> Without further research we cannot rule out telomeric loss as being a
>>> causative factor in the aging of mice.
>

>    Causative?.  Why?.  Only one cause in the aging?.

Since this discussion is being conducted in the newsgroups instead of the
Networks it's obvious that no research has discovered the actual cause or
causes of aging.  The best we can do is look at the findings to date and see
if we can make some sense of them.

I personally think the telomeric theory of aging,(see original post to this
string and watch for future posts), provides the analysis that describes most
if not all research findings to date and provides a framework for future
studies.

The key here is that the research is being conducted to test this theory and
we will know in the very near future whether it is accurate or if we have to
come up with an alternative explanation.

Thomas Mahoney, Pres.
Lifeline Laboratories, Inc.
http://home.earthlink.net/~excelife/index.html