Telomeric Theory of Aging

Austin Seo (Hae Jin) haejin at netinfo.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 19 21:05:40 EST 1998

I'll completely agree with you that research into the role of
telomeres/telomerase in *cell life* is quite valid, and in fact very
interesting.

But if you want to find the fountain of youth...well, good luck to ya. Like I
said before, there are a helluva lot of things that go on that cause cell death
much earlier than the shortening of telomeres to a critical length.

Simply lengthening telomeres ain't gonna do it.

--

Austin Seo (Hae Jin)

Graduate Programme in Neuroscience
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics
e-mail: haejin at netinfo.ubc.ca