Oncogeneactivation-Localisation

Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at unet.univie.ac.at
Mon Aug 24 01:43:30 EST 1998

Hi again!
I am again trying to get any comments oncegene activation vi
adifferentila localisation; I am interesting in examples were a
different localisation of a specific protein makes the difference
between "normal" and oncogenic, i.e. no overexpression or mutation of
the protein sequence but changes in localisation! I have posted this
once but did not get any answer. Are there no experts for oncogene
activation out there? The only example I know of is ras that can be
inactivated by inhibiting membrane targeting (farnesylation-
inhibitors!!) Any comments especially those including the relevant
references are very much appreciated!
martin
Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology