Transport Vesicles

Leslie Gartner lgartner at
Thu Dec 17 22:42:56 EST 1998

There is a wonderful book called the Molecular Biology of the Cell by
Alberts et al., published by Garland Publishing Co. It will answer all of
your questions and it is reasonably up to date. If you want something more
recent, the January issue of the journal Trends in Cell Biology is
dedicated to the structure and function of the Golgi complex.

L.P. Gartner
Dental School
University of Maryland

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Andrew Parkhouse wrote:

>  I'm having trouble identifying the distinctions between the formation
> of transport vesicles within the Golgi complex, and the formation of
> endocytotic vesicles at the plasma membrane.
>  If anyone could help please, it would be much appreciated.
>  Thankyou,
> 	Andrew

lgartner at