Antibody to mitochondrial protein

Stephen C. Dahl stebby at
Thu Feb 19 11:09:38 EST 1998

Mohanish Deshmukh (mohanish at wrote:
: I am trying to find an antibody (other than a mouse monoclonal) that
: recognizes any mitochondrial protein.  I am planning to use it for
: immunohistochemistry in mouse neurons.  Any help is appreciated.

If your desire is just to visualize the mitochondria you should contact
Molecular Probes--web site is  They make a handful
of fluorescent reagents that are fairly specific for mitochondria.  I
think they are called "mito-trackers" or something goofy like that.