Lab Safety-HELP

Jerome Freed jjfreed at
Fri Jan 16 10:44:33 EST 1998

An undergraduate working in a laboratory as an assistant is employed. 
In the USA, he is covered by the OSHA.  He must be provided with the
necessary training, personal protective devices required by his job.

In order to work with radioactive materials, he must be trained and
supervised so as to meet NRC or state requiredments.

This guy needs appropriate orientation and training.  The last thing he
needs is generalizations about the safety of the lab relative to the
highway.  Someone needs to teach him to drive, you know.

Jerry Freed

More information about the Cellbiol mailing list