Columbia Staining Jars

stebby at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu stebby at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
Wed Jul 1 16:04:58 EST 1998

In article <35994FF9.3FA9C40A at vt.edu>,
  BobT <bobt at vt.edu> wrote:

> Dear Researchers,
> This may be a bit off topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a
> source for Columbia Staining jars.  These are small (10 ml) jars used
> for histological staining of specimens/tissue sections that have been
> collected on 22 mm square coverslips.  If anyone knows of a source, I
> would be quite grateful.  I have tried Fisher, VWR, and other biomed
> suppliers with no success.

Hi Bob.

There are suppliers and then there *suppliers*.  When it comes to
staining equipment I've always found Thomas to be the best.  You
will find the jars you seek on page 1365 of the Thomas 1998--1999
catalog with or without screw tops.  You'll also find the Coors
porcelin cover slip staining racks which I find to be infinitely
superior to the Columbia jars.  Try it...you like it, as the old
commercial used to say.

Regards,

Steve Dahl

P.S.  I have no affiliation with Thomas Scientific.