Advanced inverted microscopes

Mr. Chirag Joshi chirag at cge.iisc.ernet.in
Wed Jul 29 05:33:22 EST 1998

Hi!

I use Leica DMIRB routinely for phase contrast/BF and sometimes for
Fluorescence applications. I have also used Olympus microscopes and Leica
is better than Olympus. (Illumination, optics and software). Atleast in
India Leica post-sale-service is far better than Olympus...another major
consideration. My Institute has recently bought another DMIRBE (with
confocal attachments) after a very critical evaluation of all available
systems (biorad/zeiss/olympus/leica/ and a Japaneese co.).
So, I would reccomend Lieca. ( NO AFFILIATION).

CJ.

On 29 Jul 1998, Alexander Demin wrote:

> Our lab is about to buy an advanced inverted microscope to use it with =
> fluorescence immedeately and, later with the confocal accessory. =
> Currently there are two offers, one from Leica and another from Olympus. =
>  our work requires high magnification at fluorescent =
> mode (100x) in living cells. Both companies claim that their microscopes =
> can afford this. Could anybody comment the quality of Leica's DMIRB/E =
> and Olympus IX70? Which one is better in these critical applications? =
> Which has better optics? Which is more conviniet for fluorescence?
> Alexnder Kolesnikov, PhD,=20

Chirag Joshi
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore 560 012, India

Phone: ++91-80-3092344
Fax:   ++91-80-3341683