aging of individual cells

Ihr Name 06201592190-0001 at t-online.de
Fri Jun 12 16:48:39 EST 1998

In search for mechanisms of cell aging I found only articles and reviews
that were related to cell aging in context of the aging-phenomen of the
entire organism. So these textes are dealing with matters like
telomer-shortening, (Mito)DNA-deletion etc-
Instead of this I´m searching for answers to questions like:
Why does a gut epithelium cell live shorter than a liver cell?
What are the mechanisms in aging of one single liver (epithelium, etc.)
cell in both the young child and the old man?
Why (=How) are elderly erythrocytes detected to be removed from blood?