permeable support-confocal microscopy

Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at unet.univie.ac.at
Mon Jun 15 01:55:04 EST 1998

Hello!
I  would like to cultivate epithelial cells on permeable supports to
preserve polarity and differentiation. I would like to process this
material for later confocal immunofluorescent microscopy. I have some
specific questions: How can the membrane be removed from the plastic
to preserve the epithelium? What types of membrane are suitable in
terms of optical clarity to allow confocal microscopy? How can these
membranes be fixed to the slides for immunostaining ?
Is there anyone out there who has experience in this field?
Thanks, Martin
Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology
University of Vienna