collagen-coated confusion!!

Jose C. Juarez jcjuarez at
Mon Jun 29 16:31:27 EST 1998

Dilute collagen solution to 50 ug/ml in 0.02N sterile acetic acid.
Add enough to coat dish with 5 ug/cm2 (I used 8 ml on 100mm dish)
Incubate for 1 hour at room temp.
rinse residual acid with either PBS or serum free medium
use plates immediately or air dry them and store 4C for up to one week.
*(this protocol was borrowed from the spec sheet that came with Rat Tail
Collagen, Type I from Becton Dickinson)
It worked well for the endothelial cells (HUVEC) that I was working with.