Postgraduate vacancy

Julian Dow j.a.t.dow at bio.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jun 30 05:29:13 EST 1998

 Postgraduate Studentship in Molecular Genetics

As advertised in Nature (18/6/98) there are two IBLS scholarships
available for students wishing to pursue designated projects in the IBLS
Division of Molecular Genetics at the University of Glasgow. The closing
date for applications is 17th July. Here are details of one of them:

Drosophila Molecular Physiology (Drs Julian Dow / Shireen Davies)

Our group seeks to combine the power of Drosophila genetics and genomics
to address basic questions in membrane transport and cell signalling. We
concentrate on the Drosophila Malpighian (renal) tubule, and are
interested in its differentiation, function and control using a variety of
techniques.Ultimately, our aim is to use this simple model system to gain
new genetic insights into human tissues such as kidney.  We have a range
of candidate projects available, and will be happy to discuss them with
anyone interested. To find out more about our group, please visit
http://www.mblab.gla.ac.uk/tubules/

These studentships are competitive, and we are seeking an excellent
candidate with a 2:1 or preferably First Class Honours in a relevant
biological discipline. If you are interested, please send your CV to Mrs
Margaret White, IBLS Division of Molecular Genetics, Anderson College,
University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NU, UK without delay.

--
Julian Dow, Division of Molecular Genetics, Pontecorvo Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NU, UK
+44 (0)141 330 4616 Phone               +44 (0)141 330 5994 FAX