Need help!

Matthew Smicker smickerm at
Thu Mar 5 13:21:09 EST 1998

Might it have to do with the size of the chromosomes (ie the total DNA bp
might be less in the yeast).  If not this the yeast may have less exon DNA
than the fruit fly.
The complex processes involved in cell differenciation, cell-cell
recognition of a multicell organism would definately seem to require more
information (more meaningful DNA).
As for comparing organisms that are more similar I could see how specialized
theories would be required.