Mycoplasma infection curing ?

Incheol Shin icshin at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Fri Mar 20 03:59:06 EST 1998

Dear Researchers,

Lately we are in a severe difficulty in cell-line culture
due to mycoplasma infection. Lots of workers share
one culture room, moreover one of them is doing primary cell
culture from rat hippocampus. Despite of curing the mycoplasma-
infected cells using BM-cyclin (BM Co.), reinfection usually
occurred in a few months. Now, we want to know the source of
mycoplasma and how it can be prevented.
As I know, primary cell culture or tissue is major source of
mycoplasma infection. Is it really true ?

Thanks in advance for any of your kind help

Incheol Shin, Ph.D.
Dept of Biochemistry
College of Medicine, Hanyang Univ.
Seoul, Korea