Vector PCR?

Per Mygind perm at biobase.dk
Thu Nov 5 06:00:20 EST 1998

Dr Lester Davids wrote:

> I am looking for some feedback from folks who have successfully PCR'ed
> up to 500bp fragments from vector inserts. Are there any "tricks" or
> tips needed, compared to PCR from genomic DNA? Also, does it make a
> difference if the vector is a protein expression vector as opposed to
> normal non expression vectors such as pGEM?
>
> Looking for answers

The difference is, that it is generally easier. Less template - less
nonspecific priming

--
Regards

Per Mygind

If you are are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate

Per Mygind, Cand.scient

Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, Denmark
phone : 89 42 17 47, fax   : 86 19 61 28

It's hard work and great art to make life not so serious