affordable densiotometer

LIN at SBMS01.MSRC.SUNYSB.EDU LIN at SBMS01.MSRC.SUNYSB.EDU
Fri Nov 6 12:10:37 EST 1998

Hi there: I would greatly appreciate suggestion and information about an affordable (US$5000-7000) densiotomer that can quantify electrophoresis gel bands,
western, Southern, Northern blots, based on color (black-and-white is fine),
and chemiluminscence. There seem to be a variety of brands but all I see is over $10,000. Would there be a nice alternative, for example, highly sensitive
with high resolution scanner and a good software? A LongiTech scanner with
Sigma Gel have worked fine with me (which was really cheap) but does not work
anymore with windows 95.
Thanks in advance for any information and suggestions.

Senjie Lin, Ph. D.
Research Assistant Professor
MSRC
SUNY