D-valine

Isabelle Dubus dubus at biophar.u-bordeaux2.fr
Mon Nov 16 10:26:36 EST 1998

 I have established a human mesangial cell culture that contain either
contaminating fibroblasts or de-differenciated mesangial cells that look
like fibroblast, and I intend to use D-valine containing medium (MEM from
Gibco) to eliminate these fibroblasts, but when I have looked in articles
about mesangial cell culture I haven't found any precise information about
the use of this medium. Do you know how many hours/days the cells have to
be in the presence of D-valine to eliminate the fibroblasts ?
Thank you
Isabelle