Alignment.

Dagmar Mueller daggi at sirius.mgen.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 1 03:27:49 EST 1998

vv wrote:

>  Hi there:
>     I am just starting to work with alignment programs and I amn having
> some problems. I am using Macaw program ( becouse of it´s freeware) in
> order to align some sequences. But even if I have no problem taking the
> sequences in the program ( creating Fasta files manually) I am uncapable
>
> to get any homology block-s in my sequences ( even if I tried with the
> same sequence with some changes). Any ideas??? Any other easy
> program????
>     I would thank any suggestion.
>                 Thanks in advance,
>                             Oskar

Hi Oskar!
Although I´m not quite experienced in aligning, it´s sure that there must be
something wrong if you even don`t get your original sequence. Perhaps you
try to use smaller parts of your sequence.
Unfortunately, I don`t know this Macaw Program, but perhaps there`s any
possibility for you to work with the Wisconsin Package (GCG, Genetics
Computer Group Inc., Madison, Wisconsi, USA). That will surely do!

Bye, D. Mueller
Insitute of Molecular genetics
Heidelberg
Germany