a question.....

Richard P. Grant see_sig at cmtech.co.delete.uk
Fri Oct 2 05:31:37 EST 1998

In article <6v24g3$p9c$1 at mail.euroweb.hu>, "med.student!"
<alagor at euroweb.hu> wrote:

: But..., the book (and here it mentions something, which wasnt even written
: in the "Molecular Cell Biology" from a group of Harvard and Oxford
: proffessors!),...they mention an antagonsist for the K+, its name being
: Ouabain..., its difficult to understand in what respect it is being an
: antagonist to the ion (and the book definetley refers to Ouabain being the
: antagonist of K+).

Ouabain is a well-known toxin, and if you can find 'Molecular Biology of
the Cell' (Alberts et al) then it is mentioned on p 514 (3rd edition).
Ouabain binds to the K+ binding site and competitively prevents K+
binding.

: I am just on page 119..., only 45 pages more to go...then I am just in for
: revision!!!!!

Hey, good luck!

Richard P. Grant MA DPhil     |             rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
Senior R&D Scientist          |             work: www.cmtech.co.uk
Cambridge Molecular           |      home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra
 -- 'Practising biochemistry without a licence' - E. Chargaff --