post-doctor

zhouguolin zgl at PUBLIC.BTA.NET.CN
Fri Oct 2 22:38:35 EST 1998

Dear Sir:

   My name is Zhou Guolin, My tutor is Prof. Hou Yunde , the most famous
virologist in China.
I am sending this message enclosed my Curriculum
vitae                                                                to
explore the possibility of obtaining a postdoctoral position in your
laboratory in August, 1999 to continue my training in molecular biology.
As the resume indicates, in the past two years, I have been working for
Ph.D. in the National Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Genetic
Engineering, Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Preventive
Medicine (CAPM), which is  the best molecular biology laboratory in
China (for an introduction, see Science, 270:1138,1995), The Ph.D. is to
be granted in June, 1999. My research focuses mainly on Determination of
complete nucleotide sequence of the genomic RNA of alphavirus YN87448
strain, construction of full cDNA clone and study on structure (Nsp1 and
Nsp2, Nsp3 and Nsp4, E2 and E3) and function with RT-PCR, mutagenesis,
two-hybrid system, and X-ray diffraction.
The periods of graduate studies have given me a thorough foundation in
this research area, and I am skilled in most of the current experimental
techniques in molecular biology and biochemistry.
I am familiar with your research work and interests, in fact, I have
read many scientific papers you published and benefited greatly from
them. So I do wish that I could fortunately have an opportunity to work
under your directly advice. In making this choice, I am confident of my
capability of making contribution, however small, to your ongoing or new
research projects
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you need any additional
information, please do not hesitate to contact me .
Sincerely yours
Guolin Zhou

CURRICULUM VITAE
Name: Zhou Guolin