Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at
Thu Oct 15 21:34:30 EST 1998

In article <36267150.3A4EDDCD at>, Dave O'Neill
<doneill2 at> wrote:

> HI,
> Due to technical problems (received in sample buffer)  I was unable to
> quantify the total protein content of my cultured P19 (embryonic stem
> cells) cells.  I ran equal volumes on a mini-gel and then stained them
> with commassie blue.

If you have any sample left you could try and quantify the protein
after precipitation with TCA and then a wash (TCA and/or acetone or
methanol) to get rid of interfering substances.  You would only need
eg. 25 ug to do this if you were careful.
     Also, if it was a total protein extract in the sample buffer,
you could possibly assay the DNA content which would at least allow
you to normalise for cell number.
     Good luck,
Bernard P. Murray, PhD