'Easily' transfectable cell line?

Bert Overduin bboverduin at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 27 14:31:14 EST 1998

Hello,

I am already for a long time time trying to transiently transfect by
electroporation mouse T-cell
hybridoma suspension cells with a plasmid about 8 kb in size, without a lot
of success; results
vary a lot,  most of the time I don't get more than a few percent of
transfected cells.
As I am not necessarily bound to this specific cell line I was wondering if
there exist any
mammalian suspension cell lines which have a reputation of being easily
tranfectable
(preferably by electroporation) and which will give a high  percentage
(preferably 10 to 50%
or even higher if possible) of transfected cells. Any help is highly
appreciated.

Bert Overduin
bboverduin at ucdavis.edu