Transfection of suspension cells ?

Martin Houle martin.Houle at
Wed Sep 2 14:43:45 EST 1998

In article <6rdn7p$5ok$1 at>, icshin at
(Incheol Shin) wrote:

As far as HL-60 cells are concerned, the only approaches that work for
transfection are electroporation and virus-mediated transfection.

I have tried lipofectamine, superfect, effectene, calcium phosphate and
others I know have tried the dextran method without success.

Furthermore, retroviral transfection of HL-60 cells give quite poor
results: about 1-2% transfection efficency. Electroporation remains the
best alternative for transfection HL-60 cells. Also, I recommend you use a
lot of DNA in your transfections. I used 40micrograms per transfection.

Hope this helps

Martin Houle M.Sc.