Current Research Into Telomeres III

ufotruth at ix.netcom.com ufotruth at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 3 15:51:13 EST 1998

On 3 Sep 1998 13:59:56 GMT, ag24 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (Aubrey de Grey)
wrote:

>I'm very pleased that emphasis is being laid on the difference between
>showing that a phenomenon will eventually cause aging and showing that
>it causes aging in a currently normal lifetime.  However, I'm afraid

Well, in my opinion what needs to be determined is whether telomere
shortening effects human beings during a normal life time  or if it
will only effect a person that is hundreds or thousands of years old.

My guess, from what I have read so far, is that telomere shortening
does cause at least some of the aspects of aging in humans with normal
current life spans. That is only a guess, maybe or maybe not an
educated one, but I hope that research is done to support or refute
it.