Antiaging Research Priorities [was Re: Major Criticisms of

Excelife excelife at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 20 03:24:27 EST 1998

In article <360395E8.5FB7 at epix.net>, nelsonn at epix.net says...

>>James wrote:

>> > In aging research, just like any other scientific endeavor, doesn't it
>> > makes perfect sense to go after the low hanging fruit first? Especially
>> > since it appears that, in this case, discovering the mechanism
>> > underlying CR might shed light on the more fundamental processes at
>> > work, and might generate lots of money for further research.
>>
>> If you consider CR research low-hanging fruit.  I do, but I don't think
Tom does.

>It seems to me that he must be part of a small minority.
>
>Regards,
>Nelson Navarro

Let's see, for CR to be beneficial we only have discover the underlying
mechanism, find some way to make it work on people already past their prime,
and and find a way to mimic its effects since the diet itself would have to
be close to starvation levels.

Boy that sure sounds like low-hanging fruit to me!!!

To find out if the Telomeric Theory of aging can actually alter the human
life span we have to insert hTRT, the catalytic protein subunit of
telomerase, into a few key cellular systems of the body.  Of course we do
have to try it on animals first so there is going to be a delay.

But since research into CR is so much more advanced and so simple we should
just forget about telomeres.

Thomas Mahoney, Pres.
Lifeline Laboratories, Inc.
http://home.earthlink.net/~excelife/index.html